Purchase Ledger Clerk
£22000 - £24000
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
£22,000 – £24,000
My client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team in Rochdale. They have been a client of ours for a number of years and we’ve always received fantastic feedback from the candidates we have placed!
The position has come about due to internal promotions and rapid company growth over recent years.
Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Manager, your responsibilities will include –
- Processing a high volume of supplier invoices/credit notes in an efficient and timely manner using a GRN matching system.
- Investigate and resolve supplier invoice queries both internally within the company and with the supplier contacts.
- Manage statement reconciliations at the end of every month.
- To liaise with Purchase Ledger Controller regarding payments.
- To post and allocate payments and keep ledgers clear and up to date.
- To develop good working relationships with colleagues nationwide and suppliers of all sizes.
- To assist with overhead accounts as and when necessary.
- Assist with month end reporting and purchase ledger close off.
- Assist with year-end audit from an accounts payable perspective.
- Work closely within the Finance Leadership team at Rochdale and accommodate any ad hoc duties offering additional support, e.g., processing bank payments, bank reconciliations.
- Assist in trade creditors project, including allocating outstanding cash, full debit balance accounts reconciliation and reconciliation/reduction of inter-co balances.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar position, have excellent organisational skills and be proficient with finance software including Excel.
The company offers a number of benefits including flexible start and finish times, regular social events and a really relaxed office culture.
If you match the above profile and would like to work for a company that puts its employees first, then please submit your full CV for immediate consideration.
0161 237 1828