£19000 - £21000
£19,000 – £21,000
This business offers everything a Trainee Accountant would want to develop their career. You will be promised study support from the get-go and given some great exposure to allow you to really fast track your career.
You will be reporting into the Finance Manager and working in a close-knit team of 3. The business understands the importance of gaining professional qualifications, so they are happy to support you with your AAT studies and tailor the training to match your studies.
Although full training will be provided the client is asking for a minimum of 6 months experience in a transactional role as it is essential you understand the basics. You will get exposure to all aspects of transactional accounting and the Finance Manager is keen on giving you all the tools to build a successful career for yourself.
This is a varied role and you’ll be able to build on your knowledge as an Accounts Trainee, you typical duties will include:
- Assisting all aspects of the Sterling, Euro and Dollar Purchase Ledger
- Recording and processing purchase invoices accurately and ensuring all invoices are correctly authorised
- Responsible for carrying out monthly supplier statement reconciliations prior to payment
- Producing two supplier payment runs a month
- Processing daily sales invoices, uploading on to accounting system and factors accounts and producing daily sales reports distributed across the business
- Responsible for posting cash to the Purchase and Sales Ledger and carry out month end reconciliations
- Processing new customer applications, requesting changes in credit limits and updating customer details with the Factoring company
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations across all bank accounts and receipts and payments are correctly recorded and allocated
- Responsible for managing the Sterling petty cash and processing transactions on the accounting system
- Checking of carriage invoices to quotes prior to authorisation
- Processing debit/credit card payments from customers
- Preparing weekly payroll from wages sheets provided using Sage Payroll system and setting up on internet banking for approval by Finance Director
For more information please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 0161 237 1828.