Location: Stockport Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 per annum + Yes
Senior Management Accountant
Up to £50,000 (+ generous benefits package)
Stockport / Hybrid Model
Platinum is partnering exclusively with a business that is entering an exciting period of growth and as a result is currently looking to hire an ambitious Senior Management Accountant to take full responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the management accounts as well as leading and managing the finance team and acting as a finance business partner to senior members of the business.
- Preparation, review, and analysis of weekly and monthly management accounts including commentary
- Analysis of variances and efficiencies
- Stock analyses, sales reporting, and review of business Profit Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and posting of month end journals
- VAT Return
- Fixed asset movement analysis and updating of Fixed Assets register
- Assist with the preparations of the annual budget/forecast (overheads, material standards)
- Supporting the understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts.
- To act as the line manager of colleagues in the finance team to ensure duties are completed effectively and efficiently whilst driving accountability
- To support the finance team with their ongoing personal development
- Business partnering with wider departments within the business
- Continual review and improvement of procedures and key controls
- Provide the Head of Finance with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Support the Head of Finance in ensuring strong month end controls and adherence to deadlines to support wider group reporting requirements
You should ideally be a finalist (qualifying in 2022) or qualified accountant with strong communications skills and excellent IT skills who can work independently in a busy team whilst delegating effectively and proactively seek to develop within the finance team. Ideally you will want to progress and assume more responsibility over time.
Our benefits package includes;
- Free parking onsite
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Reward & recognition
- Enhanced pension
If you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination, and experience, please contact Sam@platinumrecruits.co.uk for immediate consideration.
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.