Location: Chester Salary: £50,000 to £50,000 per annum +
Senior Financial Accountant / Finance Manager
£50,000 + Benefits
Chester Business Park / Hybrid week – Work from home
Are you a qualified Financial Accountant or Management Accountant looking to take the next step along your career journey by assuming more responsibility and managing a small team or are you already a Finance Manager looking for more of a challenge?
We have been a leader within the market for almost 30 years now, with events including a recent acquisition and subsequent major investment. Due to our continued growth, we are now looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team. If you are driven and passionate about delivering outstanding service this is great opportunity to make a real difference within a fast-growing, forward-thinking and award-winning global company.
In this role you will:
- Prepare monthly Management accounts and presentations for the Exec Team and Group Finance
- Manage the year end audit process and internal audit requests
- Provide support to the business and develop teamworking with all departments including Group Finance
- Manage the AP/AR team and drive improvements
- Support the FC with detailed Budget and Forecast preparation
- Identify and Implement Process Improvements and improve internal controls
- Support the development of the Finance team
- Maintain the integrity of the Financial Systems and support system developments
- Undertake detailed Balance Sheet analysis and P&L analysis to identify and address any issues within Finance or the wider business
- HMRC tax returns including preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Timely and accurate submissions to external bodies (ATOL/ABTA/CAA)
- Undertake adhoc projects when necessary to assist the Finance department
What it takes to be successful in this role;
- Fully Qualified Accountant with at least 1 years PQE
- Year Audit experience
- Experience of working through a full Financial Month End.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of standard PC packages and previous Financial Package experience.
- Intermediate to high level of Microsoft Excel experience.
- Previous office experience & working to deadlines.
- Good level of personal organization, time management, multi-tasking and work load prioritization
- Ability to work under pressure & react quickly to change
- Self-motivated, positive and helpful attitude, a good ambassador for the business
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent numerical skills and commercial awareness – demonstrates integrity Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to build strong working relationships across departments
- Service focused
If you feel that you are a strong Financial Accountant or Management Accountant with the desire to work in a forward thinking organisation, please contact Sam@platinumrecruits.co.uk for immediate consideration.
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.