Location: Manchester Salary: £22,000 to £23,000 per annum +
Purchase Ledger Clerk
An experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk is required to work for a company that really does put their staff first.
It’s a philosophy adopted by the Directors when the company was set up and is at the forefront of everything they do, and as a result the company have an excellent working culture and team morale.
This role has become available as a result of continued growth over the last 12 months and it is an opportunity for someone to join a team of 6 in managing a portfolio of suppliers on a month to month basis.
It’s not just the way the business treat their staff that makes this such a good opportunity, it’s the variety within the role which sets it apart from the majority of other roles on the market.
You will be tasked with aspects of the Purchase ledger function (end to end), and this means there is variety every day with your core tasks including:
- Issue purchase order numbers to each business
- Logging all invoices that come into the office when signed purchase orders are received
- Matching invoices to the relevant accounts
- Attach nominal codes and gain approval
- Input on the system (they currently use Propman or Sage
- Produce statements and produce cheques
- Post all payments and produce remittances
- Place all payments onto bank rec
- Handle any invoice queries
The company is looking for someone who would be attracted to the stability the business can offer, and also an opportunity to join a team where everyone pulls together during busy times and month end to make the whole process run as smoothly as possible.
Applicants must have worked in purchase ledger previously and will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills for dealing with suppliers and colleagues
- Strong attention to details for producing cheques and managing supplier accounts
- Experience in an end to end purchase ledger role
- CIS (Construction) experience would be advantageous
- Strong systems skills
If you believe you have the relevant experience then you can apply via this advert or by emailing email@example.com
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.