Location: Cheadle Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum +
£28,000 – £32,000
If you have ever wanted to work for a company that puts their employees first then this is the role for you.
You will join a finance team of seven and reporting to the Financial Controller you will take sole control of the monthly payroll at the business.
It’s a business that you can take pride in working for, and with some excellent benefits that include holidays that start at 25 and rise to 30, flexible working and a number of additional perks this really is a great place to work.
This is ‘end to end’ payroll which means you will have complete control of each step of the payroll process – allowing you to introduce your own ideas, suggestions and way of working that suits you.
You will have the support of the wider finance team during busy times but ultimately this position will be yours to take autonomy for, with the Financial Controller happy for the new person to make any changes and improvements they see fit.
So if you are looking for a business where there is real variety in your role, whilst at the same time being recognised and rewarded for the work you do this is the position for you.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days
- 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Access to physio
- Employee assistance and wellbeing programmes
- Cycle scheme
- Doggy day care/grooming
- Free Parking
- Flexible working
Below is a summary of the responsibilities however if you would like more specific information about the business or role please get in touch:
- To consolidate and check for accuracy payroll information (for example, sickness absence, overtime and bank claims) against data/reports from the Trust’s HR / time and attendance system
- Query any anomalies with the relevant line managers
- Check monthly expenses claims for accuracy and compliance with the procedures and policies
- Develop processes to comply with the requirements of Real Time Information, as defined by HMRC Check and audit for accuracy payroll reports and payslip reports returned by the bureau prior to the BACS run deadline dates
- Ensure all new starter and leaver details are processed and any employee contract variations affecting payroll details are reported
- Administer and record pension payments
- Submit monthly data and prepare year-end report for audit
- To complete tax/benefit queries as required and provide the payroll bureau with the necessary information for statutory returns (P60, P11D, P45, P46, PAYE, NIC)
- To check Statutory and Trust Sick Pay, Statutory and Trust Maternity Pay, calculations made by the payroll bureau
- To ensure expenses, salary sacrifice deductions, childcare vouchers and any other interim payments are reflected accurately and correctly in the payroll
- To prepare month end payroll journals for GL posting including reallocating staff time to the appropriate houses where required
- To check the monthly payment schedules for PAYE & NIC sent by the bureau and forward to Finance for payment
- To check the year end reconciliations sent by the payroll bureau and confirm to Finance the level of any under/over payment
- Respond to routine payroll enquiries (on the telephone, in person or by correspondence) from staff, managers, payroll bureau and external agencies in a professional and courteous manner
- Be the lead for Pay and Benefits
If you are interested in applying you can click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.