Location: Stockport Salary: £38,000 to £42,000 per annum + Benefits +Progression
Location Stockport/Hybrid Working
Salary £38,000 – £42,000
Platinum Recruitment have been engaged exclusively by a clothing manufacturer and retailer based in Stockport to assist in the hire of a Finance Manager to lead their finance function.
We have an exciting opportunity for an organised, confident and resilient Finance Manager.
This role will provide senior financial leadership and support directly to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for building a team around you and have autonomy of the day to day running of the Finance function.
It will also include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and
analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make continuous improvements to procedures and
controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up.
You will play a key role in defining the future direction of the division and this will involve working very closely with senior leadership team and providing key strategy to the wider business.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to support the Finance Team
- Prepare and provide timely, accurate management information to the Board and senior operations, providing commercial support to enable business strategy and decision-making
- Develop and sustain effective and productive relationship/partnerships with all external agencies, professional bodies and stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly management accounts journals, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis- looking to make continuous improvements to procedures and budgeting and forecasting
- Ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up
- Awareness of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation which are current and ensure that all establishments carry out duties accordingly
- Production of draft management accounts and management accounts pack
- Responsible for building the finance function team and the day to day line management for the finance team (2 individuals)
- Production of variance analysis, commentary & weekly flash reports, and cash analysis
- Preparation of reports for budget holders
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT return in advance of the relevant deadline
- Manage the budgeting process with key internal stakeholders
- Collation and preparation of weekly KPIs and summaries to provide directly to the Managing Director
- Preparation and commentary for monthly management accounts for inclusion in the Board Pack
- Liaising with our external accountants to provide oversight of annual statutory accounts preparation and corporation tax computations preparation
- Cash flow monitoring and reporting to the Managing Director
- Cost monitoring and control on capital investment projects
- Maintain the company’s financial policies and procedures, look to improve where necessary- ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory
- accounting, accurate FCA reporting and tax issues including PAYE
- Provision of ad hoc information as required
- To carry out other duties reasonably requested by the Managing Director which fall within the remit of the role and the capabilities of the post holder
Required Skills / Experience
- Qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or solid Qualified by Experience
- Proven financial experience in a fast paced, commercial organisation
- Team Management experience (2 years min.)
- Excel Skills: Good
- Contributory pension scheme
- Starting 25 days holiday
- Free car parking
- Career progression opportunities
- Learning and Development
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.