Location: Manchester Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum +
£22,000 – £25,000
An opportunity has been created for an experienced Credit Controller to join this established firm in Manchester.
The role is ideal for anyone that enjoys credit control but is looking for more from their company, whether that be more support, flexibility or just a better working environment.
You will join a credit control team of 3, which means there is plenty of cover during your holidays, and there is additional support at month end as everyone pulls together to ensure the money is collected from the most challenging accounts.
Another ‘sell’ about this role is the variety. You aren’t simply sitting there bashing the phone to retrieve money, this is a role which includes all parts of the credit control function from issuing sales invoices through to month end debtor reporting for the FD.
The customers are good, the majority of which are long standing relationships so although there are some challenging debts the majority of your time will be spent maintaining relationships and ensuring the smooth running of your ledger.
The company is happy to allow you to do that in a style that suits you, with flexible starting / finishing times available for anyone that either wants to avoid rush hour traffic or has other commitments such as school drop off and pick ups.
To be considered for the role you must have previous credit control experience, and you will be looking for a firm that can offer long term stability and a friendly working environment.
Based near Strangeways the company has parking and is easily accessible via public transport. Below is a summary of your duties:
- Proactively managing and collecting debts from an assigned selection of company debtors
- Responding to client queries
- Processing and allocating incoming funds
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing administrative support to finance team
- Regular communication of issues to other stake holders.
- Reducing/eliminating overdue debts
- Regularly contacting customers by telephone and email to build strong relationships.
- Assessing credit requests – complying with the Credit Insurance Policy and Invoice Finance procedures
- Issue reports detailing customer payment shortfalls and aged debt analysis.
- Post journals to clear deductions from the sales ledger.
- Ensure that paper and EDI invoices are issued or uploaded as applicable.
- Update customer records on the ERP system, detailing all debtors chase actions.
To be considered for the role you an click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.