Location: Grimsby Salary: £22,000 to £22,000 per annum +
If you are a credit controller that is bored of bashing the phone in a high volume role and having to manage the same excuses on a daily basis then this role will allow you to utilise your experience but in a role you can actually enjoy.
Firstly the role is extremely varied; you will be involved in all aspects of sales ledger and credit control, from raising invoices through to chasing money, allocating cash and completing monthly reconciliations.
The ledger is also well maintained, you wont be joining a ledger that is a mess, playing catch up and having to deal with ancient debt – instead you will join a well established finance team of 4, where you will be responsible for managing the Credit Control function.
An attractive feature of this business is the working environment. You will join a team of 4 which have a great working environment, finding the perfect balance between being relaxed and able to speak with colleagues during the day and professional in the sense that everyone knows what is expected and therefore ensures the job is done.
The Finance Manager wants someone who is going to bring ideas and suggestions to the table, and they are happy to allow you to introduce your own ideas and suggestions to make the credit control function run smoother.
If you are looking for your next move and would like the opportunity to utilise your skills but in a better environment you can apply via the details further below. In the meantime here is a list of the core tasks:
- Build strong relationships with your customers through regular contact
- Chase debtors for 3 ledgers, with in the company policy
- Produce monthly bad provision for the 3 ledgers
- Produce month bank monitoring for 3 ledger
- Setting up new supplier accounts, requesting trade references, and obtaining credit references using credit serve
- Completing the daily and weekly banking for two sites
- Daily posting of income on the bank statements for 3 different bank accounts
- Emailing weekly copy invoices for specific accounts, and as and when for other accounts
- Emailing monthly customer statements for 3 ledgers, and copy invoices for specific accounts
- Collating and processing payments
- Weekly debtors meeting with the parts manager
- Manage all invoice queries and liaise with the department manager
- Review and develop current credit control processes, procedures and systems
- Previous Credit Control experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally
- Someone who is looking to continuously improve the procedures in place
- Someone who is computer literate
Note: The client is happy for this role to be based in either Grimsby or Scunthorpe.
To apply for the role or for further information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.