Location: Bury Salary: £30,000 to £30,000 per annum +
The retirement of a long-standing member of staff has created the need for an experienced Company Accountant to support the Managing Director in controlling the company finances.
Based in Bury you will be controlling the monthly accounts along with liaising with the external accountants, banks and Managing Director on all aspects of the company finances.
With a need to create various reports based on sales and profits it’s the ideal opportunity for an experienced individual to take complete control of the finances, and therefore it also gives you the chance to run things in your own style, with the support of the Managing Director and admin team.
You will look at budgets, question performance and also negotiate with suppliers to ensure the business is operating in the most efficient way possible.
The company has a very low staff turnover, and with the current Company Accountant retiring in June the business is looking to appoint someone that can have a handover process to make things as smooth as possible.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of the company finances including monthly reporting
- VAT calculation and Electronic transfer of information to HMRC
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of Intrastat and EC Sales lists
- Preparation of Journals including project timesheets
- Managing Payables and Receivables
- Preparation of receivables statements and emailing to customers
- Ensure the maintenance of the Personnel files and prepare the payroll data for processing by a payroll company
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of supplier payments, personnel expenses and wages etc
- Preparation of Excel spreadsheet showing all banking transactions
- Management of the Petty Cash
- Processing Personnel Expenses
- Reconciliation of Credit Card Statements
Due to the autonomy of the role you must have previous experience in a similar role, and although not essential you will ideally have experience of using Xero or Sage or other computerised systems.
You can apply via this advert of email email@example.com
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.