Location: Oldham Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 per annum + flexible working hours
£20,000 – £25,000
This owner managed and highly successful Oldham business that is one of the leaders in their sector is recruiting for an accomplished Bookkeeper following the retirement of their current member of staff.
The company has been operating for over 30 years and in that time they have grown from a team of 2 working from home to a business that has a turnover of approximately £1.million and now employs 25 staff who operate from modern, purpose built offices in Oldham.
At the centre of the company success is the workforce. With excellent staff retention the majority of the team is made up of people that have been with the business their entire career, which is testament to both the management style of the Directors and the great working environment they can offer.
The job role offers both flexibility and autonomy; and as the sole person in accounts you will control all of the company finances; liaising closely with the Managing Director on a daily basis and the external accountants at the end of the year.
The job role is varied, and along with the day to day management of the ledgers you will be producing the monthly profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet reports for the Director.
Despite being the only person in accounts you will still benefit from working as part of a team; and you will work alongside the admin, sales and operations team that are all based from this site.
The Managing Director is looking for someone who can offer stability, and in return you will be offered the chance to take ownership of this side of the business, working flexible hours (full or part time) along with the autonomy to run things in line with your personal style.
Below is a more detailed description of the duties and requirements, please get in touch if its something you would like to be considered for:
- Monthly / Annual production of financial accounts & reports including P&L, Balance sheet
- Month End Routines – Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger & Nominal Ledger
- Payroll using Sage 50 Cloud
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Supplier Payments
- Sales Ledger Control
- Purchase Ledger Control
- New accounts – credit checks of Clients & Suppliers
- Resolve client and Supplier account queries
- Processing/Payments of Staff Expenses, Credit Card Expenditure and Reconciliation
- HMRC data entry via Government Gateway account
- VAT Returns & Payments
- Liaison with external accountants
- Previous Bookkeeping experience
- Ability to produce accounts up to Trial Balance
- Confident working autonomously
- Strong communication skills
- Confident and discrete
- Ability to analyse information (not just accept it)
To apply for the role you can email email@example.com
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.