Location: Chorley Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 per annum +
Chorley / Wigan
£20,00 – £25,000
A recent re-structure has created an opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper to join this well-established family run firm with offices in both Chorley and Wigan.
The position is ideal for individuals that are looking for a business that values their staff, and it comes with the added benefit of being able to offer a healthy work life balance which is becoming increasingly important to people in their next role.
On a day to day basis your duties will be varied; and along with supporting the Managing Director in controlling the company finances and payroll you will gain exposure to a number of other areas of the business giving you an in depth understanding of how the company is run.
On a quarterly basis you will liaise with the external accountants to discuss the management accounts and company cash flow, however they are available throughout the month to provide support as required.
Even though you will be the main point of contact in the finance department you will be working alongside the administration and sales team, and the company pride themselves on having an excellent team morale.
Below is a brief overview of the job specification:
- Reporting into the Managing Director and taking responsibility for the company accounts
- Responsible or producing the monthly profit and loss reporting
- Daily Bookkeeping including controlling the Purchase & Sales Ledger
- Completion of Bank reconciliations
- Monthly VAT Returns and reconciliations
- Liaise with customers and suppliers regarding accounts queries
- Managing the company Payroll
Anyone applying for the role will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in an accounting environment (Ideally working as a Bookkeeper or Accounts Manager)
- Excellent communication skills for liaising with senior members of the business
- Strong system skills including Sage
There may be a requirement to occasionally travel between the 2 sites therefore its important you have access to your own transport.
For further details on the role you can apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.