Location: Stockport Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum + Study Support
Stockport – Cheadle Heath
£22,000 – £25,000
This is the best opportunity on the market for anyone looking to broaden their accounting skills and knowledge.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Assistant Accountant that will support the Financial Controller in driving the quality of the monthly financial reporting.
You will play a pro-active role as part of the Finance team by preparing quality financial information and supporting business managers with their budgets.
This is a great opportunity if you have already built up a foundation in accounts, but want an opportunity to be trained by a highly credible FC in how to run a month end process.
There is study support, one to one training and the chance to gain experience you ordinarily wouldn’t gain exposure to until much later in your career.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support in the timely preparation of management accounts and accountability report including written commentary
- Deliver timely and efficient reporting and reconciliations of all required Balance Sheet Accounts
- Provide analysis, commentary and guidance on the monthly financial performance
- Assist the Financial Controller and Finance Director to drive the performance of the business
- Assist the Financial Controller and Finance Director with the preparation of the annual budget, periodic re-forecasts and cash-flow forecasts.
- Assist and support the Financial Controller and Finance Director with analysis, systems and reports to underpin the strategic development of the business.
- Assist the Financial Controller to deliver the year-end process and annual financial audit, including working with both internal and external auditors
- Assist with the collection of debts in line with the credit control policy, to ensure that debtors are minimised and cash-flow is maximised.
- Support the transaction team with accounts reconciliations and procedural assistance
- Support the Financial Controller and Finance Director with maintaining tight systems of financial control across the business
Despite how varied the role is the business is not expecting applicants to be ‘the finished article.’
Instead they are looking for individuals that have a solid foundation in accounts, and a desire to push themselves further and challenge their own capabilities.
You will get all the support and guidance you need to achieve this, along with full study support for your professional qualifications.
You will need to have drive, ambition and a confident personality, if you have these things the firm can teach you the rest.
To be considered for the role you can click apply or email email@example.com
Register & Apply for this job
By submitting this you are consenting to the Platinum Recruitment data processing policy. Click here to view.